nanog mailing list archives

Re: Traffic locality and other questions

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:18:33 -0400

On Mon, Sep 22, 1997 at 03:53:48PM -0700, Vadim Antonov wrote:
I have a suspiction that this is because of the limitations
of the current backbone technology.  I.e. traffic is not
determined by aggregate customer demand, but rather by the
capacity of backbones' connections to the IXPs.

Ghod help us all; I read that as "capacity of backhoe's connections..."

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology