nanog mailing list archives

NANOG-PHYSICS (was Re: ATM (was Re: too many routes))

From: "John A. Tamplin" <jat () traveller com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:14:00 -0500 (CDT)

Did I make a mistake and signup for nanog-physics instead of nanog?  While
we are at it, why don't we just come up with wave equations for the
entire Internet?

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Mark Kent wrote:

Those of you who want the Internet described in terms of elementary
particles might also be interested in a bit of detail left off
by Rob Barron:

  A ping pong ball is 37.2mm to 38.2mm in diameter and
  weighs 2.40 to 2.53 grams.

So a 40mm inside diameter seems to be called for.

-mark

John Tamplin                                    Traveller Information Services
jat () Traveller COM                            2104 West Ferry Way
205/883-4233x7007                               Huntsville, AL 35801