nanog mailing list archives

Re: too many routes

From: "Alex.Bligh" <amb () xara net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:51:30 +0100

What was even more interesting was number of routes accounted
for by >/24's in 192-210 space and >/16's in 128-191 space was
more than any of the CIDRizing suggestions in Tony Bates weekly
CIDR report.  Some people seem to view CIDR as an opportunity to
subdivide their traditional 'Class B' networks.  I would classify
most of these announcements as 'mistakes' because they usually also
announce the supernet, and have the same path.

As for >/24s, that's coz Tony gets the reports from one of
our routers, and we bozo filter out longer than /24 and
RFC1918 space.

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks