nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone planning to peer with these guys ?

From: Bradley Dunn <bradley () dunn org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:47:28 -0500 (EST)

   Technical Details: GTMI has established a national backbone which
   operates as a fully-meshed network operating at DS-3 speeds, and
   interconnecting, or "peering" with several other networks at undisclosed
   private peering points. Multiple Lucent 5E12 switches, capable of
   processing data using multiple protocols including Internet (IP)
   Protocol, will route the traffic through the network. Dr. Robert
   Elliot, Chief Technology Officer, was quoted as saying, "We are excited
   about employing the Lucent 5E12 switches in the new network
   architecture. It just proves that IP telephony is becoming a reality."

Could someone more clued in on Lucent switches comment on this? I went to
Lucent's web site and did a search for 5E12 and it returned nothing. I
found some stuff on 5E11, which apparently is a new software release for
the 5ESS-2000 switch.

Bradley