nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP/Multihoming

From: Paul Ferguson <ferguson () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 09:19:58 -0500

Here is a good reference/place to start:

 http://www.netaxs.com/~freedman/multi.html

- paul

At 11:48 AM 11/6/97 +0800, Michael R. Poyaoan wrote:

The diagram below describes our current set-up:

* We have two default routes via BGP with MCI (L1 and L2) for outgoing
 traffic.
* The two MCI links are configured to load share incoming traffic thru the
 use of MEDs.

                                  AS701
                                +--------+
                                |  UUNet |
                                +--------+

             AS3561                  |
           +-------+            +--------+
           |  MCI  |            |   UNA  | AS10275
           +-------+            +--------+
             |  |                    |
             |  |                    |
             |  |                    |
           L1|  |L2                L3|
             |  |      AS6648        |
             |  |   +----------+     |
             |  +---|          |     |
             |      |    Sky   |-----+
             +------|          |
                    +----------+

Questions:

1.  How can I use the third link for default routes?  Is static routing
   the only solution?

2.  Is it possible to load-share outgoing traffic between two different
   ASN's?  How?

3.  How can I unclude the third link for load-sharing incoming traffic?

Please reply privately.

Thanks,
Michael R. Poyaoan                        email:  mrp () skyinet net
Network Operations Center                 voice:  +63 2 411-2005
Sky Internet, Inc.                          fax:  +63 2 411-2003