nanog mailing list archives

Re: A First Byte of IPv8

From: Brian Tackett <cym () acrux net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:26:10 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

All you have to do is look at the first byte of IPv8
to realize that it was designed for performance,
not to satisfy or calm the press.

Could you possibly supply a URL or other pointers for the RFC or other
appropriate specifications for "IPv8"?

IPV8 has been designed for the emerging world of circuit
switched routing, where packets are moved a long way
without "hops" so that they can be delivered to their
intended destination as quickly as possible.

Also, where can I obtain the source code of the reference implementation?
There is a reference implementation, isn't there? Any ideas as to when I
can deploy Ipv8 on my Cisco?