nanog mailing list archives

Re: uDNS Root Name Servers Taking Shape

From: John Charles Broomfield <jbroom () outremer com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 22:25:54 -0300

At 20:01 29/05/97 -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:
(...)
You mean you, and the others, can't qualify under the rules of *stable,
business grade service*, defined as:

1)     Someone answers your phone.
2)     You are actually registered to legally do business in your state.
3)     You have real nameservers on real circuits.
4)     Someone can actually register electronically in your TLD.
5)     Someone can use the web and/or whois to look up who owns a SLD
      delegation.
(...)
Ron, all you have to do is file the template.  I know that's tough, but the
truth of the matter is that 90% of the TLDs which your defectors are now
putting up under "uDNS" don't meet the above *FOUR* criteria, say much less
being non-collusive and holding 10 or fewer TLDs.

[puzzled look as he looks at his hands and tries to count fingers...]
There's something here I'm missing I think.
Karl, you *are* the technical wizard in eDNS (or whatever you're merged into
now), aren't you?
Never mind.
John.