nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root Name Server Confederations

From: Larry Vaden <vaden () texoma net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:50:50 -0500

At 10:21 AM 5/22/97 -0700, Paul A Vixie wrote:
I've been rimshot.  I'm choosing not to ignore it.  You should, though.
Hit D!

Can't do, Paul.  I run WinDoze95 [8-))

Nothing I'm involved in is publically traded, but you
are still entitled to look upon the nonprofit financial
statements.  What they'll show is that the Internet
Software Consortium spends 100% of its donations on
engineering, with a 0% overhead rate.  What this year's
finances will show is that Vixie Enterprises subsidizes
Bob Halley's entire salary for BIND work since we have
not received sufficient donations to pay for it other-
wise.  (INN and DHCP will shortly be in the same boat.)

Please post the mailing address for ISC so that we can send ISC a check.
Also please indicate small, medium and large amounts, as I have no idea
what the effort is costing and how many contributors you have.

We run BIND, INN and soon DHCP.

Sincerely,

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO <vaden () texoma net>  help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net>       direct 903-870-0365
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland         fax 903-868-8551
Member ISP/C, TISPA and USIPA                        pager 903-867-6571