nanog mailing list archives

Re: Outage Reports

From: Dalvenjah FoxFire <dalvenjah () dal net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 10:39:54 -0700 (PDT)

Cyril Jaouich put this into my mailbox:

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Rizwan Ahmad wrote:

Hi, I have been asked to put together a data base of internet outages and
trouble spots on a daily basis.  I was wondering what mail lists, web
pages, and other tools are there out there that will help me with this
task.

      Subscribe to outage () dal net, MCI and Sprint post there, you also
get outage on IRC servers and a few other.

As a quick note, make sure you mail majordomo () dal net with a body of
'subscribe outage'. Mailing outage () dal net will make the message bounce to
me, like the other fifteen or so today already have, and you won't get
subscribed }:>.

(BTW: If you run some sort of largish network provider[1], feel free to cc:
your outage posts to 'outage () dal net'...)

[1] This left vague on purpose.

-dalvenjah

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen)  I'd like mornings better if they
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       started later.

 e-mail: dalvenjah () dal net             WWW: http://www.dal.net/~dalvenjah/
 whois: SN90                           Try DALnet! http://www.dal.net/