nanog mailing list archives

Re: GTE to acquire BBN

From: Charles Sprickman <spork () inch com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 12:57:46 -0400 (EDT)

      As a long time customer of GTE for both personal and
business services I really feel sorry for BBN and it's customers.
Hopefully BBN will not let GTE get too involved with BBN's operations.
GTE has got to be the worst telco in the world. Their service is horrific,
their billing is a mess, and I have serious doubts about the competence
of their technicians. I can't tell you how many times they have screwed up

You sir, have not dealt with NYNEX.  They are not only stupid, but
extremely rude.  Where else do you have to beg for dialtone?  How many MFS
T1 lines can be *whoops* installed wrong the first three times?  They are
evil, evil, evil, and I will leave the ISP business if they ever buy a
national ISP.  Blech.

Charles

Charles Sprickman                               Internet Channel
INCH System Administration Team                    (212)243-5200
spork () inch com                                        access () inch com