nanog mailing list archives

RE: 252 Active TLDs

From: Vadim Antonov <avg () pluris com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 18:11:20 -0800

Jim Fleming <JimFleming () unety net> wrote:

On Wednesday, March 26, 1997 6:58 PM, Vadim Antonov[SMTP:avg () pluris com] wrote:
@ I want to register TLD .XXX with eDNS.  What should i do
@ about it?
@

If you want to register in the .XXX Top Level Domain
then you need to visit the registry just as you would
with the InterNIC. Here are some of the operational
registries:

Nah, you don't understand.  Somebody have already taken
.XXX.  I suppose that claim is illegitimate, and the rights to
that TLD belong to me.  You see, i own the trademark XXX (cyrillic
HA-HA-HA), valid in Russian Federation.

Now, would you please hand me rights to dispose the TLD .XXX as
i see fit?

--vadim