nanog mailing list archives

RE: Loss of BGP peering monitoring via SNMP

From: Chad Skidmore <cskidmore () dsource com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:07:57 -0700

Cisco routers will send a trap on BGP peering changes.  The following is
an example config:

        snmp-server community private RW 1
        snmp-server community public RO 2
        snmp-server trap-authentication
        snmp-server enable traps envmon
        snmp-server enable traps bgp
        snmp-server enable traps frame-relay
        snmp-server host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX public tty frame-relay isdn
envmon bgp snmp

You must enable traps for BGP events and then define the SNMP console
"host" to receive those traps and list the traps you want sent to that
host.

Hope this helps,
Chad

Chad Skidmore