nanog mailing list archives

Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better te

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 14:08:07 -0700

On Jun 27, Jack Rickard <jack.rickard () boardwatch com> wrote:

I probably don't agree that it is not a reliable way to draw conclusions
about backbone performance.  The index has drawn criticism because it
points up winners and losers and that's about it.  There is no way to do
this without criticism, and indeed it should be part of the process.

        If you had actually read some of the responses without having
        made up your mind beforehand (which, as I recall from when I
        was a journalism student, is a sure sign that your pretenses
        of objectivity are lost), you might notice that both "winners"
        and "losers" are pointing out the SAME flaws in the study.

        Please go re-read the archives with a more open mind.

J.D. Falk                                        voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations                     fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                             http://www.priori.net
           "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."