nanog mailing list archives

RE: connectivity outside the US

From: Chad Skidmore <cskidmore () dsource com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 09:45:32 -0700

Well . . . most people may not think satellites stand a chance but Bill
Gates and Craig McCaw seem to think they do.  Teledesic is planning
build a long-haul communications network based on low earth orbit birds.
In the past neither of these guys have been too stupid so I wouldn't
rule out satellite communications just yet.

Just my .02 worth,
Chad

Chad Skidmore
VP Operations & Engineering