nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internic does it again

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 13:15:38 -0400

On Mon, Jul 28, 1997 at 12:19:34PM -0400, David Stoddard wrote:
      While is is easy to blame the InterNIC and NSI for all the evils
      in the world, the InterNIC of five years ago (or even one year ago)
      is not the InterNIC that exists today.  Last week I went to Network
      Solutions to meet with Dave Holtzman (SVP of Engineering) on an
      unrelated matter, and while I was there I got a chance to observe
      first hand the metamorphosis that has transpired over the past year.
      Here are just a few points that everyone should be aware of:

And David proceeds to tell us why the InterNIC is so great.

Ok, David.  Fine  They are equipped technically.  As you note, of
course, they _have_ to be, they're the InterNIC.

But answer this: why is it that _you_ have to be the one to tell us this?

The major complaint I hear about the InterNIC isn't that they're
arrogant, it's that their a black hole.  Or worse, a roach motel:
complaints check in, but they don't check out.

That's exactly the problem I have with them.  They need a PR person,
with an extensive background in the culture of the net, and the power
to get things done... and they need one _now_.

Cheers,
-- jr 'silent period or not' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology