nanog mailing list archives

Re: Kashpureff Black List (REALLY AN OPERATIONAL QUESTION)

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 01:48:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Eric Germann wrote:

However, a coordinated effort to block them all could, correct?  Kind of
like the sanity filters at customer borders.  Don't allow traffic into your
network that doesn't originate from their assigned network numbers.  If
everyone were to block the ranges no one would get polluted...

So is it my understanding that it is technically possible, but logistically
impossible to coordinate?   If we were to block them, then we wouldn't have

Probably.  We can't even get everyone to adopt sanity filters for IP
traffic.  Now you want everyone to packet filter themselves from certain
name servers?

 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |
________Finger jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net for PGP public key_______