nanog mailing list archives

Re: is there a market for this?

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:19:38 +0100

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:26:23 -0400 (EDT)
 "Perry E. Metzger" <perry () piermont com> wrote:

I have a friend who's in the high speed optoelectronics biz and
already does lots of OC-[N] equipment, and I mentioned to him that I
thought that there was probably a market for PCI cards that spoke IP
over OC-3/OC-12. Before I strongly encourage him to do this, I was
curious as to whether anyone else felt there was a real market for
such things.

Yup. [as long as there is a NetBSD driver ;)]

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil () DOMINO ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)