nanog mailing list archives

[Fwd: Re: Legal Question]

From: Scott Reubelt <sreubelt () whistle com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 09:04:16 -0700

--

Scott F. Reubelt
sreubelt () whistle com  (http://www.whistle.com)
--- Begin Message --- From: Scott Reubelt <sreubelt () whistle com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 09:03:46 -0700
Paul R.D. Lantinga wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Scott Reubelt wrote:

May not be for this alias but I need to ask.

I have an ISP that may be guilty of receiving copies of everyone's
emails associated with the ISP.  What can be done legally?

Scott, are you talking receiving here, as in the ISP was cc'ed or making
copies here, as in the ISP make copies of email w/o consent?

Scott Bradner wrote:

call the justice dept, that violates the telcom laws

(assuming that you mean that the ISP is taking a copy of email that
is destined to the ISP's customers - it is a bit unclear from your note)

Scott

To clarify this a bit.  I have been told that an ISP owner(postmaster)
is cc'ing all emails without consent at least with his employee's.  I
don't believe it stops there but can not confirm at this time.

Thank all for the input.

Scott

--- End Message ---