nanog mailing list archives

Re: Suggestion for NANOG Meeting

From: "Philip J. Nesser II" <pjnesser () martigny ai mit edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:19:05 -0500 (EST)

Avi Freedman supposedly said:

We are not ignoring the complaints.  I have contacted the spammers and
asked them to stop the unsolicited emails.  Problem is that they are not
always our direct customer, so they see us as no threat since we are not
their direct upstream provider.  I would just like to see what other large
providers are doing about this problem so we can come to a common policy.

Eric

As I said, a meeting about this would be good...
If consensus builds perhaps a community document would then be in order...

Avi

This topic is the main effort of the IETF WG RUN(Responsible Use of the
Network) which is just getting started on it.  If we had such a meeting at
NANOG I will be sure to take notes and bring them up to the RUN group,
since there goal is to create such a document.

--->  Phil