nanog mailing list archives

Re: Info on MAE-EAST

From: "Dorian R. Kim" <dorian () cic net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 02:22:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Avi Freedman wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Avi Freedman wrote:
The other approach is to extend MAE-East to you in the NOVA area by buying
a package which includes a dedicated or shared FDDI port, two Netedges, and
a T3 in between the Netedges.  My guess is that it's 50-50 or maybe 60-40
in favor of the Netedge approach, but collocating is definitely a more stable
way to connect.

Why would you inflict Netedges on yourself by choice? I thought maschistic
tendencies should be displayed only behind closed doors, not in designing
networks...

-dorian