nanog mailing list archives

Re: E.E. Times?

From: randy () psg com (Randy Bush)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 97 06:56 PST

The EE Times writer stumbled across the May/June BoardWatch article that
somehow warped the May NANOG discussions on routing stability into a story
on "Cisco's dirty little secret." The EE Times author apparently thought
this would make a great basis for a vendor-bashing story, so he gave both
Merit and Cisco a call.

Both Cisco and the RA tried to carefully (and at great length) explain to
the EE Times writer the same things discussed at NANOG.

He called others, namely me.  Having had many bad experiences with the
yellow press on a mission, I did not go on at great length.

When called by a panther, don't anther.  - Ogden Nash

randy