nanog mailing list archives

Re: Domain names for ISP infrastructure links

From: Peter Lothberg <roll () Stupi SE>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 97 1:19:32 MET

4. Are people actually interested in pursuing this formally?  If a spec was
written would you change your DNS names to conform?

I belong in the group of people that need to change domain names for
router interfaces, (and we have already been flamed, thankyou), so
that's why I brought up the issue on how to name interfaces, so
when chaninging, we don't do something else that is viewed wrong.

Would you be willing
to set up a formal registration process with the IANA for 2(or 3) letter
pop codes to be consistant?

Hello mr US centric.. Airports are three or four letters and they are
not globally unique.

--Peter