nanog mailing list archives

Re: New MAE-EAST

From: Richard Irving <rirving () onecall net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:15:11 -0500

Noemi Berry wrote:

   Our nets *Scream*.

Another question, in response to another email you'd sent to NANOG
and I subsequently deleted:

   :(

You mentioned that your ATM switch at MAE-EAST supports CBR, VBR-RT,
VBR-NRT and UBR.  What ATM-connection type do you use to connect peers?

   Well at MAE-E , FDDI ;) (We have a pending deal to move some exchange
neighbors
to direct ATM OC-3/DS3, to route around the MAE)

   However, passing back into the our national fabric, we tend to run
VBR-NRT, with
a few UBR's, and a few RT-VBR tunnels.

Actually, I'm probably misunderstanding what you use your ATM switch
for.  What is its function at the NAP, anyway?

   It becomes an Exchange Fabric in and of itself. See Ameritech VNAP,
and OneCall's IndyX
offerings.

very curious,
noemi