nanog mailing list archives

Re: Whoa; the 3 network?

From: "Philip J. Nesser II" <pjnesser () martigny ai mit edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 14:20:49 -0500 (EST)

Roy supposedly said:

A few years ago, I was surveyed by the Internic as to utilization of
space that I owned in a former job.  I offered to turn back portions of
the space (several class "B" worth).  I was never contacted again.

Returning space is easy.  If it is "legacy" space just send do the
following:  (From RFC 1917)

4.3 How to Return a Block of Address Space to the IANA

   Send the following form to Hostmaster () internic net & iana () isi edu,
   changing the $NET_PREFIX to the network being returned.

   Please update the contact information on the following net as
   follows:

   Netname: RESERVED
   Netnumber: $NET_PREFIX

   Coordinator:
     Reynolds, Joyce K.  (JKR1)  JKRey () ISI EDU
     (310) 822-1511
   Alternate Contact:
     Postel, Jon  (JBP)  POSTEL () ISI EDU
     (310) 822-1511

If it is from a block of addresses assigned by RIPE or APNIC send it to
their hostmaster () ripe net or hostmaster () apnic net