nanog mailing list archives

Re: Packet generation

From: Hans-Werner Braun <hwb () rwac ucsd edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:30:35 -0800

Yeah, it really kinda depends on what he wants. If he wants fairly
realistic traffic, one could probably write a packet generator fairly
easily, that turns packet traces into traffic. If one has access to raw
packet generating. The traces we have are generally src/dst encoded to
protect privacy. Really depends on what's needed.

On solaris, spray is pretty good. I guess it depends on what you mean by
lots and lots of IP traffic.

Jeff