nanog mailing list archives

Re: Broadcast ICMP's at Mae East from Nacamar / Nacamar Contact

From: bmanning () ISI EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 08:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

(On more than one occasion I have wondered why there is so much
non-NA activity on an ostensibly NA specific list.)

I am one of those pests you just can't get rid of, Bill.
        Too right.

However, to be a sophist for a moment, "North American Network
Operators' Group" can still include me, since, while the
network here isn't North American, there is technically a
North American involved in operating it.  (Heck, a colleague
of mine is *in* North America richt now, even)

        I think the operative phrase is North American Network...

        Not networks that have north americans on staff or bits and
        pieces of gear on the continent.

(Quick quiz: where does schnell.ebone.net live?)

        In the hearts and minds of its parents and friends.

..so like don't knock the people providing actual content on this list.  --:)

        Not even.  And to that end, I would suggest that folks use the
        respective mailing lists for coordinating activities at exchanges
        and not broadcast to nanog/com-priv email of the form:

        I've lost your email address Sean, can you please contact me?

        mae-east:       mae-east-tech () uunet uu net
        mae-west:       mae-west () nsipo nasa gov

      Sean.

--
--bill