nanog mailing list archives

Re: US Domestic line costs?

From: Jim Dixon <jdd () vbc net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 20:54:57 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Nancy Cartwright wrote:

Stating the obvious, prices vary but here is a rule of thumb to get you
in the ball park.  All telcos are willing to quote for free.  :-)

--nec

DS1 private line pricing
local loop:  $400( average cost per end)
IXC mileage:  $2.40 per mile with a $475.00 minimum.

I see.  Can anyone provide a similar rule of thumb for DS3s on the
East Coast, especially New York - DC (Virginia, to be more precise).

Could anyone give me any hints as to an averge charge you would
expect for a T1 between Washington and New York?

Thanks

And thanks in advance from me.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015