nanog mailing list archives

Re: Packet size data

From: brett watson <bwatson () genuity net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:00:04 -0700

Paul G. Donner wrote:

What about cflowd?

cflowd would be really useful if netflow worked properly, which at least
in 11.2(7), it doesn't.  The official Cisco response is:

Case :H82607

There are many issues with netflow switch with 11.2(7)
that are still being addressed.  Currently the estimated
release for a fix is 11.3.  Please bare with us while
this issues are been addressed.

  what problems are you having?  we're running it on a number of
exchange point interfaces and we use:

peer1.sjc1#sh ver
IOS (tm) GS Software (RSP-AJV-M), Version 11.1(11)CA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Synced to mainline version: 11.1(11)

  it's been very stable (we're running this backbone-wide) and it
does support version 5 export.

Are people generally having any more luck with the 11.1CA images?  It
would be really nice to get some decent traffic stats.

  yes, no major problems at all and we've been running it for a few
months in most places.

-brett