nanog mailing list archives

Re: NSI SAYS FCC SHOULD ASSUME INTERNET REGISTRATION FUNCTIONS

From: mikeg () savvis com (Mike Gaddis)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:58:02 -0500

If not interested in IAHC/eDNS/etc - hit d now...

Hank Nussbacher (IAHC member) wrote:

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Charles R. Hoynowski wrote:

If I was NSI I would be doing exactly the same thing.  No better way to
slow things down then to punt it into the US govt arena.  This will give
NSI monopoly control until the US govt completes its impact papers and
congressional hearings and appoints some committees to review the whole
matter.  All the while, NSI keeps being a monopoly.

Does this stop IAHC from moving forward?  How is IAHC
planning to respond, or is this just a wait and see proposition
to see if the Federal Government steps in?

Mike Gaddis
Savvis Communications