nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hey, anyone who wanna help improve the net stability?

From: Erik-Jan Bos <erik-jan.bos () surfnet nl>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 21:58:53 +0200

Avi,

It's not necessarily unaggregated...

I'm not sure, it's possible that Sean might have described the swamp as
basically space above the a/b space and < 205/8.

At the Los Angeles IETF I tried to define the terms "Swamp" and "Toxic
Waste Dump" as follows:
* The Swamp is the 192.0.0.0/8 addres space that is routed.
* Each and every /24 in the Swamp is part of the Toxic Waste Dump (twd).

Of the class cs from the swamp how many are now being routed at the
defaultless core?  HOW MANY ADDITIONAL CLASS Cs FROM THE SWAMP ARE THERE

No clue, but we could find out.

You might not like/agree/understand the above definitions, but... given
the above definitions the current sizes are:

Size(swamp) = 6549
Size(twd)   = 5555

This data is taken from a default free router that lives in Amsterdam,
The Netherlands which has 40590 prefixes at this moment.

FYI.

__

Erik-Jan.