nanog mailing list archives

Re: Advice on dealing with Sprint

From: Deepak Jain <deepak () jain com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:36:56 -0400 (EDT)

Steve -

        I think he means Sprint told him they would not BGP4 peer with
him if he didn't have a Cisco 7000 series router. Not that it wasn't
possible. :)

-Deepak.

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Steve Mansfield wrote:

I spoke to a sprint salesperson about 2 weeks ago and was told that I
could not get any kind of BGP4 peering with Sprint unless I had a
Cisco 7000 series router.

As Hank commented eqarlier, I think you've got a salesperson feeding
misinformation.  I've personally configured and successfully had a full BGP
routing session between a cisco 7000 and a Bay Networks router.  Would you
care for numbered or unnumbered BGP4 with that?

Steve Mansfield                                smm () uunet uu net
AlterNet Senior Network Engineer       ...uunet!smm
                                       703-206-5758