nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root-64 Weekly Status Report (fwd)

From: "Dorian R. Kim" <dorian () cic net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 12:37:40 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Michael Dillon wrote:

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Dorian R. Kim wrote:

Which universe is this? I didn't realise we needed to take into account
happenings in parallel universes while operating our networks.

Are you 100% confident that this group will not cause you to spend
increased amounts of time on tech support and customer relations
explaining why your network is NOT broken because they cannot get
to http://www.carib.tours?

I'm 100% confident that this group will be irrelevant until they somehow get
enough of the Internet to matter. At this point, I don't consider this very
likely.

What happens when other employees of your company read some of the
material Jim Fleming has written and believe that this is an official
new way to deal with Internet domain names?

They will be referred to more suitable educational material.

The idea that somehow cyberspace is not part of the real world is
completely and utterly bogus.

How did you parse this out of the above?

-dorian