nanog mailing list archives

Re: Inter-provider relations

From: Robert Laughlin <robert () portal dx net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 11:30:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Robert Bowman wrote:
While I agree in theory with the MLPA concept, the only "headache" it truly
alleviates is that of getting any contract signed.  It doesn't mystically
configure the direct peering or the peering through the routing arbiter.
  -snip-
A centralized database, wherein all contacts from an ISP/NSP are kept (new
peering contacts, admin, techie, etc) along with current peering policy seems
like something that would have alleviated hundreds of hours for me..
Maybe the tooth fairy will deliver it someday..

My MUP (multilateral universal peering) concept is a bit different from
the MLPA.  I am including a software change that *does* establish peering
thru the route arbiters between all signatories as well as the
contact/informational database you seek.

Best Regards,
Robert Laughlin
DataXchange                sales:  800-863-1550            http://www.dx.net
       Network Operations Center:  703-903-7412 -or- 888-903-7412