nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet II is coming...

From: "Justin W. Newton" <justin () erols com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 21:33:10 -0400

At 06:01 PM 10/8/96 -0700, Eric Ziegast wrote:
If anything, it shows that there's a need for a higher level of
service than what's being provided to everyone jumping onto the
Internet bandwagon.  Who pays for it is arbitrary - whether it's
the government or a Fortune 100 company, someone who sees value in
it will pay for it.

hmm, ANX?  It seems to me as if these two projects are similar.  This could
be an interesting experiment.  If we have 2 parallel projects going on, one
privately funded and one (possibly) funded by the government, which one
ends up workin better in the end?  We all have our opinions I am sure, but
we may get to actually watch it happen.

Justin Newton
Internet Architect
Erol's Internet Services