nanog mailing list archives

Re: Peering Policy ( was Re: AGIS/DIGEX )

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 12:28:15 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Scott Huddle wrote:

The bookkeeping costs $2000 per month for *BOTH* providers to monitor
this, collect data, collect bills, etc....

Source of data, please?

Same source as the other guy's data. I pulled it out of thin air.
Actually, I figured $2,000 per month would be an appropriate salary for
one clerk to handle this job.

And the point was that managing settlements costs money. We know that in
the POTS system the costs of usage based billing are at least 50% of the
total.

OK, do you have a source for the POTs number?

Of course not! I have an axe to grind here. I want to see global flat-rate
telephone service for everybody. No per-minute charges, period!

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael () memra com