nanog mailing list archives

Re: AGIS/DIGEX

From: "Dorian R. Kim" <dorian () cic net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 21:09:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Nathan Stratton wrote:

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Robert Bowman wrote:

This is all very interesting information.  It seems at-home recently did
the same thing with us, as they stopped all transit and were not on CIX,
basically forcing us to peer with them.  Is this the route to get peering
with the big players that will now evolve?  Forced peering due to
unreachability?

Ya, we have the same problem, we will be at 7 NAPs by the end of the
month, and DIGEX does not meet our peering requirements. If I don't peer
with DIGEX then our customers yell at us when it is a DIGEX problem.

Just curious, but what are your peering requirements? It sounds like UUNET
doesn't meet either your or AGIS's peering requirements, given that they are
only at MAE {E & W} and Sprint NAP. (I don't believe they are peering with
anyone at MAE Houston other than Sesquinet..)

I assume you'll turn off DIGEX peering and UUNET peering at the same time? I
wonder when AGIS is turning off their UUNET peering....

-dorian