nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internic address allocation policy

From: Kim Hubbard <kimh () internic net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 20:04:53 -0500 (EST)

Mr. Allen,

I suggest you retract your statement below immediately.

I've been allocating address space for 6 years now and I've for
the most part remained silent while clueless people like yourself
make unsubstantiated accusations because I figured it was just part
of the job.  However, you, Mr. Allen have called into question my
character and the character of my staff and that is where I draw the line.

Yes, bribes are illegal and so is libel.

Kim Hubbard
Manager, IP Registry
InterNIC

Again, anybody who's figured out how to force the Internic to be
reasonable about address allocation, *please* drop me a note.

By everybody who I've talked to and the intuitions I have personally
perceived as well, the method being used is bribes.  Only thing is,
since bribes aren't legal, you have to be a rather experienced bribe
maker.  Perhaps you have to bribe a briber?

This, folks, is why we all hate the allocation policies of the Pigs
That Fly (excuse me, make that SAIC, er, Internic).  This isn't
leftists looking for something to quarrel about (if so, where is all
our support from them?!); this is real stuff.