nanog mailing list archives

Re: mae-west route servers are both down hard

From: Paul Ferguson <pferguso () cisco com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 00:28:40 -0400

At 09:50 PM 5/24/96 -0400, Jake Khuon wrote:

The RA services at MAE-West were never declared production because we did
not have two operational RSes deployed there.  The RSes at the other NAPs
that have been declared for production were able to sustain a single-machine
failure without loss of service.

Let me see if I correctly understand this. The RA services at MAE-West
were never declared operational, yet there are service & transit providers
using them for production services?

If so, this will still be interpreted as a black eye for the RSs.

- paul