nanog mailing list archives

Re: Telco discussions

From: rmg () ranma com (Rob Gutierrez)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 13:15:26 -0700 (PDT)

BTW: Is there a mailing list for ISP related telco hardware?  Or
telco hardware as related to ISP's? :)

Not that I'm aware of.  That would really be very vendor specific. News =
groups are good for this but like you said it's not data only, =
voice/video  equipment gets mixed in.

Well, I think one is coming together with my suggestion.  I'll be on
it (and we'll announce it here on nanog) so people can drill me
for hardware info.

Yeah, so you're large enough to hire a contractor to do all your telco.
What about us small-fry who can't afford contractors.

See if @home is hiring ;)

Actually, I think @Home is large enough to be using contractors.  I sent
a resume their way, but no bites ;)

DL was real good in getting us a CSU firmware fix for the CSUs. There =
was a problem where accessing the console port of the DL chassis through =
a terminal server, the three characters of the arrow key would be =
received with too much spacing/time between them ...  packetman helped =
picking this up ...

Yeah, I had the same assumption when I ran into the problem for the
first time (vt100 escape code timing not tight enough), so it was
nice to hear about the U-D-L-R keys working.

Anyway, I made my point.  Just curious.

nay, too vendor specific ... newsgroups ...

I always thought the newsgroups were not vendor-specific enough...

        rob.