nanog mailing list archives

Re: critique of NANOG meeting

From: avg () postman ncube com (Vadim Antonov)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:27:57 +0800

Jeff Young wrote:

metcalfe understands the issues only too well.  only the truly
blessed can blindly exploit half-truths.  he is not blessed and
he is not blind.

i have no doubt that his campaign will succeed.  he is bright, has
built companies, used to be a technically saavy engineer.  the trick
will be to bide our time, he will go away in the end.  hopefully his
winnings will be modest this time.

You made him to look cunning and evil.  I'd like to make him to
look ridiculous.  That's harmless at least and there's a chance
that this will make him to go away.

Actually i don't understand what his motivation is.  It appears
that it is not material; and any decent person wouldn't just go
and use somebody else's problems as a ladder to do social climbing.

--vadim