nanog mailing list archives

Re: AS numbers question

From: Vab Goel <vgoel () sprint net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 18:56:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Bill Manning wrote:

Are there "reserved" AS numbers, the same way there are reserved IP
addresses for non-connected networks?

      Yes there are.  Something liek the top 1000 or so.
      I'll dig up the reference if you want.

64512 thru 65535 (ref RFC 1930)

vab:

Are As numbers considered scarce ? (I think of many small Internet
providers asking for AS numbers just to peer BGP with more than one ISP).

      About the same as IP numbers.

TIA
 --
|  Alexandre Leib Grojsgold                       |  tel: + 55 21 542-2746  |
|  LABORATORIO NACIONAL DE COMPUTACAO CIENTIFICA  |  fax: + 55 21 295-8499  |

--
--bill