nanog mailing list archives

Re: Definitions, please....

From: bmanning () ISI EDU (Bill Manning)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 14:49:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi, can somebody point me at or give me some sort of at least
semi-formal definition of the following terms:
      NAP
      MAE-EAST
      MAE-WEST
Anything would help.
Thank you.
Herb Kugel

        NAP - Network Access Point: Used bby the US-NSF to describe thier
                prefered exchange points.
        MAE-East - Metro Area Exchange: Used by Metropolitan Fiber Systems
                to name its exchange point in the Washington DC area.
        MAE-West - Metro Area Exchange: Use by MFS to name the common exchange
                in the SF Bay Area. Shared with NASA/AMES

        Check out http://info.ra.net/div7/ra/naps.html

--
--bill