nanog mailing list archives

Re: Resources regarding use of RFC 1597 addresses

From: David Miller <david () dirigo mint net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 08:41:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

So, does anyone know of any resources on the net for building firewalls
using RFC1597 addressing?

ftp://ftp.vix.com/pub/vixie/proxynet.psf.gz describes my attempt.  the code
that implements this is (a) unencumbered, (b) running in production at one
of my big customers, and (c) not particularly well documented or supported.

serious requests for the source code would be honoured, though.

Does it try to do auto-proxies, or must user behavior be modified as with
the TIS FWTK?

Thanks:)

--- David
                It's *amazing* what one can accomplish when
                    one doesn't know what one can't do!