nanog mailing list archives

Re: audio/video again

From: Geert Jan de Groot <GeertJan.deGroot () ripe net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 11:07:20 +0200

On Mon, 5 Aug 96 16:41:48 PDT  Henk Smit wrote:
  Yesterday I watch a "cyber-TV-program" on US TV. They showed a "cool
 screensaver" that was continuously displaying new stock quotes it was
 getting over the net. And another screensaver that displayed video
 pictures of the Olympic Games.
  What worries me here is that people are developing applications that
 use (lots of) bandwidth, even when people are not even using their
 computers.

Shouldn't be a problem if people have to pay for their traffic.

Assuming that there would be a way to listen to foreign radio
stations per telephone, how many people would make long distance
calls to feed their 'radio'?

geert jan