nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint and Multi-Homing

From: "Marc E. Hidalgo" <mhidalgo () sprint net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 09:25:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, William Allen Simpson wrote:

*snip*

Gack!  So that's what happened to my network last Sunday!

Even though the provider from which we get our service claims to be
multi-homed with Sprint and MCI, when the Sprint link was down, no
traffic was flowing through MCI.

be more specific. there could be many reasons for this. most of which
wouldn't be Sprint's fault.

OK.  I'll be recommending that the Sprint contract not be renewed.
why? because your upstream may have not configured properly?

And in the $10M RFP that just went out for one of my clients, I'll
specify during my bid technical review in September that any bids that
include SprintLink will not be accepted.  Enough is enough.
on what technical basis? sigh

Marc