nanog mailing list archives

Re: Customer AS

From: Paul A Vixie <paul () vix com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 22:34:09 -0700

What Sprint's policy is actually meant to do is to discourage customers
from multi-homing to other providers.  What their policy actually does is

This is not a bad thing in itself.

That depends on who you are and how important your network connectivity is.
Clearly if someone has a business plan that calls for their packets to be
carried "hot, live" by two different worldwide IP carriers, neither of those
can be SprintLink.  If I were SprintLink I would think this was a bad thing.