nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint violations

From: paul () hawksbill sprintmrn com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 18:51:26 -0500 (EST)

Well, no, actually. Customers don't care who's fault it is -- as far as
they're concerned, it's broken. I had a similar situation impressed on me
today: one of our customers wants to send e-mail with MIME attachments to
one of his customers who has a CompuServe account. The attachments never
make it through the CompuServe e-mail gateway.

What's the chances of assigning them a/n address or two from within
a pre-obtained block? From either the Compuserve CIDR or from yours,
depending on preference, of course.

This can be fixed in the short term; let the remainder of the NANOG
bicker about the solution beyond that.

- paul