nanog mailing list archives

Re: 204.82.160.0/22 invisible (fwd)

From: Kai <kai () belcom net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 02:46:06 +0100

Sean Doran wrote:

Thank-you Andrew.  That matches my diagnosis.

Kai: computel, our customer, should be able to help you
prepare an entry for the RADB; failing that, please
feel free to turn to noc () ans net or engineer () sprint net
for assistance in updating the RADB so that your prefix
is heard by ANS.

See, ANS has an inbound route-filter too... and it's MUCH older than Sprint's.

      Sean.
- --
Sean Doran <smd () sprint net>
- --

In lieu of Computel knowing what the RADB is, I will handle the RADB entry
myself, if I don't decide to recycle the assignment altogether and start
from scratch, which is likely by now, after analyzing and evaluating the
situation a bit more. The Internic should strap on more asbestos now.
Is it preferable for Sprint to announce/act under my (future) ASN rather
than take the route into one of their own ASNs ? Computel is kinda a like
dark tunnel between us at this time...

THANKS to all for the response and fix for now.

bye,
Kai "don't filter my route" Schlichting

ps: some NANOG readers wrote back that my route is looping overseas: yes,
there is some trouble this hour...the evil of default routes.

---
Kai Schlichting
Internet Project Manager, BelCom, Inc.
515 Madison Ave Suite 2100
NY,NY 10022
212-705-9500 (voice)
212-755-0864 (fax)
kai () belcom net
                Ask us about Internet service in the CIS!
                 Bringing Internet, where there is none