nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPPM: Measuring IP performance

From: Guy T Almes <almes () advanced org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 09:26:25 -0400

Kent,
  Two minor changes, but I'd like to underscore the rest of your note.
        -- Guy

At 09:11 PM 10/23/95 -0800, Kent W. England wrote:

Then there is treno, Matt's latest tool.  From a note by Matt to IPPM list:

"
... send a note to ippm-request () psc edu.
this should now be <ippm-request () advanced org>

From the draft charter:
The IPPM WG will develop a set of standard metrics that can be applied to the
the quality, performance and reliability of an IP datagram service.  These
metrics will be designed such that they can be performed by the providers
themselves, customers, potential customers or independent testing groups.
The work is now organizationally taking place within the Benchmark
Methodology WG, and we'll be meeting at the Dallas IETF.
        -- Guy