nanog mailing list archives

Re: Address clustering intuition

From: Hank Nussbacher <HANK () taunivm tau ac il>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 95 01:46:01 IST

On Thu, 9 Nov 1995 17:37:44 -0600 (CST) you said:
.........  Geert Jan de Groot is rumored to have said:
Ù PS: it seems that a FAQ on this is desired (CIDRisation, router capacity
Ù growth vs routing table growth, flaps, need to renumber, etc), basically
Ù the topic of various discussions on NANOG, CIDRD, and probably
Ù other places. Volunteers?

 Hank has done some good work on this avilable at:

        http://www.rain.net/faq/cidr.faq.html

 I wish I'd done it :-)  In fact, Hank, if you want to pawn it off,
 let me know.....

 It would be nice to see some information on issues such as routing
 table size v. address space, flapping, etc......

 -alan

Send me questions/answers to be added to the FAQ and I will update it
as necessary.

Hank